Ready, Set, Intern! for First-Year Students
As a first-year student, figuring out what you need to do to get an internship in the era of COVID-19 or understanding what interests you have is hard -- 💯. It’s difficult to know what employers look for or how might your interests equal a job or a major.
No worries, we designed an experience just for you.
During this 50-minute workshop, we hope to...
- Walk you through what employers look for in interns
- Help you set goals to prepare yourself to be a GREAT candidate
- Debunk major and career connection
- Guide you on how to use our resources to gain experience
- Navigate the challenges in finding virtual internship opportunities
You should come if you…
- Are a first-year student or a transfer student and want to create community with your classmates.
- Want to know what experiences employers look for and how to get it.
- Have been asked at least 50 times already, “what’s your major?”
- Aren’t totally sure on what the “University Career Center” does.
*RSVP is required for this program.