The Microaggression Session
This program has been modified to deliver in a remote setting and updated to include content directly related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please direct any questions or accommodation requests to Mikalia Dennis (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
Microaggressions are verbal, behavioral, or environmental slights. They can be overt, subtle or unintentional, and lead to significant consequences.
In this session, participants will:
- Learn about "microaggressions" and other concepts relevant to this topic
- Obtain an understanding of the social and psychological impacts of microaggressions
- Engage in activities and dialogue to unveil microaggressions within the workplace
- Validate experiences with microaggressions
- Identify and discuss techniques to combat microaggressions, as a bystander or as a recipient
This session is open to all LSA Staff. It is recommended that participants complete a course on Implicit Bias before taking this session.
Upcoming LSA DEI events sponsored by the DEI Office are listed here.